We, as in Paul, I and the 3 kids had been invited to a 4 yr olds birthday party on a lovely sunny day about 3 years ago. Because I had never been to the house I phoned for directions ... 'yeah yeah I know it.. new estate, number 4 ... great see you then' Got to the house... yes this is it, bouncy castle out the back, number 4 and we all trooped in I knew I wouldn't know many people there so we passed through the front room just nodding at the other guests and went into the kitchen where Gia went straight out the back to the bouncy castle I rested Kayla down on the floor in her rock-a-tot and stood up to scan the room for a familliar faceMy eyes alighted on a little figure in a communion dress looking curiously at the brightly wrapped gift in Paul's hand I turned to meet Paul's eyes and it was the same thought that passed between us -It was the wrong house -I looked at everyone standing around staring at us but saying nothing and whispered to Paul 'Get Gia...'
This was no easy feat as she was already having a ball on the castle so he just picked her up and I grabbed Kayla and hissed at Patrick to follow us and we just walked back out through the front room and as mature adults we were didn't utter a word, just got the hell out!
I think the kids were too stunned to object such was the speed we retreated and you never saw anyone strap them in the back and get away as quick Poor kids had to endure their parents almost peeing themselves with laughter for the next half hour (We did eventually make it to the right house)
OMG Kathy, that is so funny!! PMSL xx xx
ReplyDeleteoh no, it must of been so awkward,something like that would happen to me lol
ReplyDeleteThat is abso-bloody-lutely brilliant!
ReplyDeleteROFL, what a great story, the kids will love it when they get older :D Jen.
ReplyDeleteVery funny! Very much something I would do too! Thanks for the laugh Kat!
ReplyDeleteHmmmm.....mayb, as the newbie, you should tag some people to tell their most funny and embarrassing story??!! But, shhhhh....don't tell anyone I suggested it.....*jazzy quietly tip-toes away"......!!
xx jazzy
Mam tells a similar story about your dad doing the same in what he thought was Joan's house....
ReplyDeleteJust caught your blog. (NERD!!!)